Clashfinder Thumbnail

View the Glastonbury 2010 clashfinder.

View the Glastonbury 2010 line-up.

Clashfinder Info

Name: g2010

Owner: halvin

Created: 2010-02-15 16:45

Last Update: 2011-07-22 15:06

Updates: 130

Print Advisory: 1 - Have at it!

Edits can be made by: Admins

Other Festivals

Have you got set times for another festival? Do you want to create a clashfinder for that festival? Email me at clashfinder@halvin.co.uk and I'll get you started.

Facebook

Do you like Facebook? Do you like being a fan of things? Become a fan of the Glastonbury Clashfinder on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/glastonburyclashfinder

PDF Version

A few people have been having trouble accessing the site. If you're one of those people, you can download a pdf version of the clashfinder here: http://www.clashfindergeneral.co.uk/pdf/g2010.pdf

Revisions

21/06/2010 Rev R

Added the Free University of Glastonbury, Greenpeace and the Bimble Inn. The first two are hidden by default. You know how to display them, right? (click 'Customise your Clashfinder' > 'Stages' tab.)

19/06/2010 Rev Q

Right, I think the Queen's Head on Thursday has been sorted out now. Micachu has been added at 21:00 and Local Natives have been moved to the empty 23:00 slot.

18/06/2010 Rev P

Added a TBA for the Queen's Head on Thursday because the King Blues had been removed, which had shifted all the acts forward by a slot.

17/06/2010 Rev O

Official times for the main stages. Yippee!

11/06/2010 Rev N

Loads of small stages added but most of them are turned off by default. To add any you're interested in, click the 'Customise your Clashfinder' link at the top of the clashfinder page and select 'Stages'.

07/06/2010 Rev M

Firmed up the times of the main stages.

01/06/2010 Rev L

Added Bourbon Street with some badly made-up times.

24/05/2010 Rev K

Added Cinema. Thank you Halcyon for trawling through the IMDb to get all the running times.

23/05/2010 Rev J

Added Glade Lounge, thanks to worthyraver.

21/05/2010 Rev I

Added The Hub, Club Dada and The Snakepit. Line-up and times courtesy of GlastoEarth.

19/05/2010 Rev H

Added Left Field

06/05/2010 Rev G

Arcadia final line-up and times courtesy of GlastoEarth.

01/05/2010 Rev F

Added WOW!, Pussy Parlure and Cubehenge. Firmed up times for Dance East and Dance West.

27/04/2010 Rev E

Added times for Thursday, including the eFestivals Glastonbury World Cup. If you haven't already done so, you can donate to WaterAid here: http://www.justgiving.com/glastoworldcup2010/. It's a very good cause.

21/04/2010 Rev D

Added Arcadia and Croissant Neuf. Both have got pretty dubious times.

19/04/2010 Rev C

A fairly minor revision. r0cky reminded me that it's only the big three stages that have got early closing times, so I've pushed the closing times for stages like Acoustic and Avalon later. Spinks spotted that Foals and the XX have swapped on John Peel. Well spotted, lads.

15/04/2010 Rev B

Added the Queen's Head and slightly improved times but still a long way from being correct. The obviously-wrong headliners have been sorted out but the fact that the bulk of the stages finish earlier this year has thrown things a little. Hopefully some information about set times will appear at some point.

14/04/2010 Rev A

It's here and it's very early this year! This is a very rough first draft, really just pasting in last year's times. I believe that most of the main stages will be finishing earlier this year compared with last. Because I've just used last year's start times verbatim, some of the headline acts look very short at the moment. Don't worry -- it'll get better!

Comments

Guest - Beano!2010-03-21 20:29

Alright Halvin! Happy New Year to you! 🙂

Im ready and waiting!! ;)

Guest - halvin2010-03-21 20:52

Well done Beano -- first post two years running! 😁

(Okay, strictly speaking I got first post last year, but I was just testing the system.)

Guest - David2010-03-26 05:49

Looks like the world famous Clashfinder is making a 2010 appearance. Good news, good news!

Guest - 2010-04-06 11:26
halvin said:

Well done Beano -- first post two years running! 😁

(Okay, strictly speaking I got first post last year, but I was just testing the system.)

Haha! Keen As Mustard! Perhaps ill win a prize? My Name on the clashfinder! Haha

Guest - Greg2010-04-11 22:24

Hi just got my tickets after a disaster in October when I thought it would be easy to get them. Looking forward to it again. Also looking forward to the clashfinder updates. Used it heaps last year and will be keen to contribute this year.

Guest - Seb2010-04-12 14:15

Here we go again...

Guest - Alan2010-04-12 20:25

All I can say is Thank You-Thank You...

Guest - ChrisM2010-04-13 08:44

Dammit! Thought I might be first this year...

Have to be quicker in 2011.

Looking forward to seeing this years ClashFinder take shape. Found last years invaluble, even though it looked like an ancient parchment by the end of the weekend!!

Guest - BOGLIN2010-04-14 17:26

oooh dusting off my highlighters-thank you in advance x

Guest - ade2010-04-14 21:59

Superb work mate looking forward to the latest confirmations - its always fun to see the last few years to see what I missed whilst ambling around the festival site....

Guest - MsK2010-04-14 23:09

Am loving the changes! It's going to make the 'what to see' discussions sooooooo much easier!

You are a genius in my books!

Guest - Greg2010-04-15 08:15

Are you going to add the Queens Head, if it aint on the clashfinder it aint real

Guest - Mark2010-04-15 08:20

Halvin you are a legend.

have a brothers on me.

thanks

Guest - cambo2010-04-15 08:20

halvin, how are you such a speedy speedy man? very well done. (concur with greg above though - gotta have queens head).

Guest - Benhutch2010-04-15 09:23

These clash finders are the business, far better than any other listings. well played

Guest - Greg2010-04-15 09:41

Started a blog for this year, which I hope will be fun rather than actually informative, would love some comments and actaul human people reading it at some stage anyway started today

http://dune35.wordpress.com/

Guest - Jack2010-04-15 12:30

This is my 5th glasto this year and im only 17 😁

How i love your clashfinder used it over the last two years, its brilliant.

Guest - Tracy2010-04-15 12:53

Brilliant as ever. Love the hyperlinks so I can while away the hours until Glasto checking out some new music. Will wait for the final version before I download and donate! Cheers

Guest - Greg2010-04-15 23:14

and the Queens Head is there. Awesome as usual

Guest - Colin2010-04-16 17:55

Fantastic (as usual)

Bit of a reach but...

Is it possible to create a Google Calendar for the events list. (either for private import or public shared)

If so - it can be imported into a mobile's calendar ;) (and reminders can be set 😁 and new events/secret gigs added 😁 - all while on site 😁 :D)

Guest - Colin2010-04-16 18:07

(pt2)

Or a couple of export facilities, ICS or CSV?

Pretty Please

Guest - Jemima2010-04-16 19:56

Hey!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cant wait to get it printed!! wooop woop!! we paying this year?? i think it should be minatory (cant spell!)

Guest - halvin2010-04-16 21:58
Colin said:

Is it possible to create a Google Calendar for the events list. (either for private import or public shared)

I don't plan on doing it but the information's all there in the HTML if you want to flex your nerd-muscles, extract it from the page source and make your own.

Guest - halvin2010-04-16 22:16
Jemima said:

Hey!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cant wait to get it printed!! wooop woop!! we paying this year?? i think it should be minatory (cant spell!)

Minatory, meaning threatening or menacing? Or do you mean mandatory, meaning obligatory or compulsory? 😜

Either way, thanks for the input but, if I do decide to ask for them this year, I'll keep the donations optional and non-threatening. 😁

Guest - scarletmist2010-04-17 06:56

Just wanted to say THANK YOU for this excellent site.

Guest - Paul2010-04-17 09:29

The highlighting thing.. just the greatest idea ever. Can't wait to donate again.

Guest - Colin2010-04-17 11:06
halvin said:

I don't plan on doing it but the information's all there in the HTML if you want to flex your nerd-muscles, extract it from the page source and make your own.

[TECH ALERT ;)]

Thanks,

More than willing to flex 'em (under the flab).

I'd had a look at the HTML, but (while I know the times aren't set yet) there are no times present, I wondered if you have a list you process to generate the widths?

I'm thinking of converting to xml and using xsl to produce the various formats. Downside with processing the html is the performance times would have to be reverse engineering from the relative widths.

Guest - Andrew2010-04-17 14:34

Great to see another Clashfinder return for 2010 Halvin! Nice one! I hope there's a donations page again at the end 🙂

I noticed that "Bonobo" seems to missing from the West Holts stage on the Friday. Just thought I'd point that out. He's one of the acts I'm really wanting to see. Looking forward to watching the Clashfinder progress. Thanks!

Guest - halvin2010-04-17 16:30
Andrew said:

I noticed that "Bonobo" seems to missing from the West Holts stage on the Friday. Just thought I'd point that out. He's one of the acts I'm really wanting to see. Looking forward to watching the Clashfinder progress. Thanks!

Added, ta. The line-up page must have been modified since I last checked it.

Guest - Sooze2010-04-18 20:07

Used clashfinder for the first time last year, found it invaluable. Big thanks for going to the effort again!!

Guest - somuchforthecity2010-04-20 16:09

Halvin - thanks for all this.

On glastonburyfestivals.co.uk, two TBA slots for the pyramid saturday fall between Seasick Steve and Scissor Sisters, but you have them at the start of the day.... didn't know whether you were waiting til they are announced or not?

Either way, this is f---ing amazing... every year it is the must-have glastobury accessory. First onthe packing list. Thank you. legend.

Guest - John C.2010-04-21 07:45

Thanks Halvin for producing this again this year. Your a star. Once clashfinder starts appearing you feel that it getting so much closer to the big week. Great stuff.

Guest - Jemima2010-04-23 08:58

i didnt mean it like that 😞

Guest - MartinG2010-04-28 07:59

Thanks for the time and effort in the Clashfinder! hope Mumford dont clash with U2 cause my wife will kill me!

Guest - Beano!2010-04-28 10:01

Just a quick question, i noticed Gaslight Anthem have been replaced with a TBA on the latest revision? Do you have info that they have pulled out?

They were supposed to be playing before the Courteeners on the Friday @ about 1pm?

If this is true it at least rules out one clash for me.....Frank Turner it is then!

Guest - halvin2010-04-28 10:23
Beano! said:

Just a quick question, i noticed Gaslight Anthem have been replaced with a TBA on the latest revision? Do you have info that they have pulled out?

They've been taken off the line-up on the official site so they're not (currently) going to be playing.

Guest - Beano!2010-04-28 10:47
halvin said:

They've been taken off the line-up on the official site so they're not (currently) going to be playing.

Thanks for Prompt Answer.....Booo! But as i say one less clash to decide on! ;) Cheers Pal!

Guest - Stevo2010-04-29 10:02

Great tool - not music related but kick off for the England game is 3pm GMT i think

Guest - halvin2010-04-29 17:15
Stevo said:

Great tool - not music related but kick off for the England game is 3pm GMT i think

You mean the England v Slovenia World Cup match? It's 3pm BST on Wednesday 23rd and shouldn't be confused with the eFestivals kickaround. ;)

Guest - Greg2010-04-30 06:36

Mr Clashfinder , waiting with bated breath for the dance village update

peeps check out my blog all about Glasto, hope to make this an ongoing thing

http://dune35.wordpress.com

Guest - Anna2010-05-05 10:42

Halvin, you are amazing, we love you...FACT!

Once again my Glasto will be an easier experience thanks to your clashfinder...utterly essential for an indecisive Libran like me, I'd spend all day just looking at who I'd like to see and not deciding without it. Thank you a million times!

Guest - Hannah2010-05-08 14:20

Hi Halvin, just seeing your Clashfinder develop is getting me excited for Glastonbury. And the search tool you've added is really useful !

I've been highlighting the acts I want to see, but I've noticed if I click on an act that appears multiple times, each entry becomes highlighted rather than just the one I've clicked on. Is there any way to override this at all?

Thanks so much for all your effort and hard work !!!

Guest - halvin2010-05-08 17:06
Hannah said:

Hi Halvin, just seeing your Clashfinder develop is getting me excited for Glastonbury. And the search tool you've added is really useful !

I've been highlighting the acts I want to see, but I've noticed if I click on an act that appears multiple times, each entry becomes highlighted rather than just the one I've clicked on. Is there any way to override this at all?

Thanks so much for all your effort and hard work !!!

From the eFestivals thread (http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=143842&view=findpost&p=3224821)

halvin said:

I think that that's the right way for it to work. When you highlight an act, you're saying 'I'm interested in that act' as opposed to saying 'I want to go to that stage at that time'. It's more useful to have all the appearances of the act highlighted over the festival because you may not have noticed that they're playing more than once. Admittedly, it does require a modicum of intelligence to realise that you've already seen an act and therefore don't need to go again.

If you really can't stand having every instance of an act highlighted then you'll have to go back to using analogue highlighters, I'm afraid.

halvin said:

I've been mulling over the 'problem' and it may be possible to have a Select One/Select All switch. The first thing to mention is that it's not a omission on my part -- I wrote extra JavaScript to ensure that the highlights of an act remain synchronised. When you load a page with highlights, all of the occurrences of the named acts will be highlighted. If you allow JavaScript to set individual highlights, the highlights would change when you refresh the page (or post the link or bookmark the page or whatever). This would be an unexpected change and very bad.

I'm afraid that I think that the idea of giving the performances unique names (The XX 1, The XX 2, etc) is a horrible one. It would solve that specific issue but it'd be confusing to the user and would break lots of things, like the 'Jump to the next occurrence of this act' buttons.

One possibility is to allow JavaScript to set individual highlights and to identify them in the url by specifying that it's the nth occurrence of the act that's highlighted, with n in square brackets. For example, if I highlighted the first and third performance by Femi Kuti (who's currently only playing twice, bear with me) then the url would include hl1=femiku[1,3]. One problem with that is that if a performance by an act gets added early on in the festival, the highlights will shift because what was the first performance now becomes the second. Other problems are that it would be a fair amount of work and other things may get broken in the process.

Guest - Ace2010-05-12 00:47

Awesome Clashfinder this year so far, love the new features! Small point... On Friday, Rob Da Bank can't be playing Arcadia and Dance East stages at the same time?!

Guest - halvin2010-05-12 07:28
Ace said:

Awesome Clashfinder this year so far, love the new features! Small point... On Friday, Rob Da Bank can't be playing Arcadia and Dance East stages at the same time?!

Good spot! The Official Glasto site still has him down as playing that slot in Dance East, the information from GlastoEarth still says he's playing in Arcadia. My guess is that he won't be playing Arcadia but time will tell which one's right. 🙂

Guest - Abu Hamster2010-05-13 09:59

Halvin

You are a legend!

That is all!

Abu

Guest - Abu Hamster2010-05-13 10:06

Just trying to print out a copy as cant be seen on Global hyper mega net at work and the formatting is all out.

: (

Is there a way?

Abu

Guest - halvin2010-05-13 10:36
Abu Hamster said:

Just trying to print out a copy as cant be seen on Global hyper mega net at work and the formatting is all out.

😞

Is there a way?

Abu

I'm not sure what you're trying to do? Are you printing the web page or the pdf? The pdf should be fine but to print the page you'll have to follow the instructions.

What browser are you using? If it's IE6 or lower it won't work and you'll have to use the pdf.

I'm using Firefox here and it looks fine even if I ignore the printing instructions. 🙂

Guest - Beano!2010-05-14 10:26

No Info Yet on the Leftfield i take it?

Guest - halvin2010-05-14 11:25
Beano! said:

No Info Yet on the Leftfield i take it?

Not yet and I don't have an eta either.

I'm hoping to get firm times for the main stages in early June but I'm not sure if that'll include Leftfield (in previous years it was included but Leftfield 2.0 might not be).

I was promised BBC Introducing 'by the end of the week' but that's today and I'm not holding my breath. 🙂

Guest - Nick2010-05-14 12:12

Can the Clashfinder be printed without the stage name running through the back of the band name?

Thanks for the finder 🙂 Glasto wouldn`t be the same without it 🙂

Guest - Beano!2010-05-14 12:16
halvin said:

Not yet and I don't have an eta either.

I'm hoping to get firm times for the main stages in early June but I'm not sure if that'll include Leftfield (in previous years it was included but Leftfield 2.0 might not be).

I was promised BBC Introducing 'by the end of the week' but that's today and I'm not holding my breath. :)

I know Frank Turner is playing with Billy Bragg on the Saturday, but thats all i have heard.

Guest - halvin2010-05-14 12:39
Nick said:

Can the Clashfinder be printed without the stage name running through the back of the band name?

Thanks for the finder 🙂 Glasto wouldn`t be the same without it :)

Yes. All you've got to do is follow the printing instructions, specifically the part that says:

"In the Options box, tick the Print Background (colours & images) box"

Although the instructions vary a little depending on the browser you're using.

Failing that, you can download the pfdf.

🙂

Guest - Peter2010-05-18 18:20

Huge thanks for the clashfinder, was awesome last year and already looking nicely tweaked this year.

Will Queens Head really start that late on Saturday? I know Lissie has that time on her myspace, but really?

Guest - halvin2010-05-18 19:13
Peter said:

Will Queens Head really start that late on Saturday? I know Lissie has that time on her myspace, but really?

Almost certainly not but I've got to put something in the absence of any decent information. The possibilities are:

Lissie's myspace page is wrong.

There are acts on before her that aren't listed yet.

The acts will be shuffled around so that some of the acts that are currently shown after her will actually be before.

Guest - Mike2010-05-18 19:38

Hi Halvin

A brilliant job yet again. You are a legend

Are you going to add the leftfield stage or am I being dim and it is there under a different name?

I see Rev and the Makers are confirmed for Friday but they bound to clash

Guest - halvin2010-05-18 19:59
Mike said:

Are you going to add the leftfield stage or am I being dim and it is there under a different name?

I hadn't noticed that it'd been announced. I'll add it when I get a chance, which will probably be tomorrow. 🙂

Guest - Greg2010-05-18 23:00

Q Magazine had what they said was the final lineup for the Queens Head, not sure how accurate that would be

Guest - Peter2010-05-19 08:50
Greg said:

Q Magazine had what they said was the final lineup for the Queens Head, not sure how accurate that would be

I think the stage is being organised by Q?

Guest - halvin2010-05-19 09:30

Is there a link for the Queens Head line-up or is it just in the magazine?

Guest - Hannah2010-05-23 13:28
halvin said:

From the eFestivals thread (http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=143842&view=findpost&p=3224821)

Hi Halvin,

Thanks for your reply ! Crikey that all sounds very complicated, I'm not very technological. You already but so much time and effort in, I don't want to cause you any more work ! I just wanted to check if there was an option already built in that I hadn't discovered.

Thanks again. Hannah

Guest - Hannah2010-05-23 13:49

Hi Halvin,

Just noticed the TBA on the other stage on the friday is showing as Joshua Radin on official Glastonbury page.

Cheers Hananh

Guest - halvin2010-05-23 14:27
Hannah said:

Hi Halvin,

Just noticed the TBA on the other stage on the friday is showing as Joshua Radin on official Glastonbury page.

Cheers Hananh

Updated, thanks for letting me know. 🙂

Guest - Tort2010-05-23 18:28

Hey Halvin. Just popped in to say fantastic work as always Maestro!

Guest - Beano!2010-05-24 08:04

Is anyone else really looking forward to seeing Foals?? The New Album is awesome!!

Guest - Gravejr2010-05-25 14:31

No line-up as such but Bangface (http://www.bangface.com/) have announced that they'll be hosting a night in the Glade Lounge 9pm-3am on the Thursday. Don't know if you'd want to add this to the next revision. They don't generally give set times until the night.

Alos the TBA at the Start of Sunday on the other stage is The Joy Formidable (according to their Myspace)

Great work on making the Clashfinder interactive.

Guest - Gravejr2010-05-25 14:33

Just realised I'd over looked that is was already on there. Facepalm

Guest - Bracey2010-05-25 17:10

Was going to submit a pithy coment on how you listed U2 playing on Friday night which was patently a load of buncham as they've cancelled, however you have already amended it.......damn you're good, damn you!!!!!!

Guest - halvin2010-05-25 18:07
Bracey said:

Was going to submit a pithy coment on how you listed U2 playing on Friday night which was patently a load of buncham as they've cancelled, however you have already amended it.......damn you're good, damn you!!!!!!

You've got to be quicker than that, cock-knocker. 😜

Guest - Beano2010-05-27 13:26

Just been on Miike Snows Website looking when i can go to one of their gigs and noticed that they have Glasto on their list!! Whoop! http://www.miikesnow.co.uk/gb/live/

Guest - Beano2010-05-27 14:09
Beano said:

Just been on Miike Snows Website looking when i can go to one of their gigs and noticed that they have Glasto on their list!! Whoop! http://www.miikesnow.co.uk/gb/live/

Prey for a non Clash! Must be one of the TBA slots on the John Peel or the Park?

Guest - Beano2010-05-27 14:13
Beano said:

Prey for a non Clash! Must be one of the TBA slots on the John Peel or the Park?

Their Myspace says 8pm-10 how reliable i dont know?

Guest - Beano2010-05-27 14:19
Beano said:

Their Myspace says 8pm-10 how reliable i dont know?

Although that fits in with the special guests on the park....

Also im going for the most replys to my own thread award.....! ;)

Guest - halvin2010-05-27 21:47
Beano said:

Although that fits in with the special guests on the park....

Also im going for the most replys to my own thread award.....! ;)

I can't put him on just yet, Beano. I'd have done it if he'd said what stage but I think what you've got is a bit too speculative. 🙂

I'm also not going to be handing out an award for the most replies, but if I was you'd be a shoo-in. 😜

Guest - Tort2010-05-30 08:28

Hi Halvin. Croissant Neuf Stage Times are now online on the Greenfields Info pages.

http://greenfieldsinfo.pbworks.com/The+Croissant+Neuf+Field

Guest - halvin2010-05-30 11:07
Tort said:

Hi Halvin. Croissant Neuf Stage Times are now online on the Greenfields Info pages.

http://greenfieldsinfo.pbworks.com/The+Croissant+Neuf+Field

Nice one, ta. I've updated the clashfinder.

Guest - nellythepenguin2010-06-01 10:18

Friday 7pm. Rob Da Bank is confirmed for 2 stages at the same time, Clever chap. dance east, and arcadia.

Guest - halvin2010-06-01 11:12
nellythepenguin said:

Friday 7pm. Rob Da Bank is confirmed for 2 stages at the same time, Clever chap. dance east, and arcadia.

Yep, it's been pointed out a few times already. Paul at GlastoEarth was going to do some digging to see if he can find out which one's correct but I haven't heard back from him yet.

Guest - nellythepenguin2010-06-01 11:19
halvin said:

Yep, it's been pointed out a few times already. Paul at GlastoEarth was going to do some digging to see if he can find out which one's correct but I haven't heard back from him yet.

ok cool.

Great work by the way, really useful, I know loads of my friends swear by this, keep it up.

Thanks a load!!!!

Guest - Tort2010-06-02 16:57

Guest - Jemima2010-06-02 17:56

When u putting Guardian lounge on there? xx

Guest - Tort2010-06-02 19:17
Jemima said:

When u putting Guardian lounge on there? xx

No Guardian Lounge this year I'm afraid

http://www.glastoearth.com/news/guardian-scales-back-festival-presence

Guest - Arkady2010-06-03 09:51

I'd love to see the Greenfields line-ups on there... maybe you need to go double-sided this year Halvin! Or maybe turn the tiny stages off by default but allow people to add them if they want... I'm intending to scrap all of the dance stages for instance!

Guest - halvin2010-06-03 10:02
Arkady said:

Or maybe turn the tiny stages off by default but allow people to add them if they want... I'm intending to scrap all of the dance stages for instance!

That's what I'm working on at the moment but it turns out that it's incredibly difficult to get it working properly. I'll get there but I suspect that there will be a few teething problems when I do get around to uploading the change.

Guest - Arkady2010-06-03 10:24
halvin said:

That's what I'm working on at the moment but it turns out that it's incredibly difficult to get it working properly. I'll get there but I suspect that there will be a few teething problems when I do get around to uploading the change.

You're efforts are hugely appreciated. I shall contribute to an extra-large bouquet for Mrs Halvin this year.

Guest - Paul Holmes2010-06-03 19:13
halvin said:

Yep, it's been pointed out a few times already. Paul at GlastoEarth was going to do some digging to see if he can find out which one's correct but I haven't heard back from him yet.

I've emailed his manager and it sounds like someone is now on the case. Hopefully we'll have the definitive answer soon.

Guest - halvin2010-06-03 22:15
nellythepenguin said:

Friday 7pm. Rob Da Bank is confirmed for 2 stages at the same time, Clever chap. dance east, and arcadia.

It looks like they're both wrong -- he's going to do 18:00 to 19:30 in DE and 20:00 to 21:30 in Arcadia. That doesn't leave him much time to get across site!

Guest - nellythepenguin2010-06-04 07:36
halvin said:

It looks like they're both wrong -- he's going to do 18:00 to 19:30 in DE and 20:00 to 21:30 in Arcadia. That doesn't leave him much time to get across site!

..... and with passing a few bars on the way!

Guest - Jemima2010-06-04 08:28
Tort said:

No Guardian Lounge this year I'm afraid

http://www.glastoearth.com/news/guardian-scales-back-festival-presence

OH No!!! they made the BEST fish finger sandwiches!!!!!!!!!!!! 😞 😞

Guest - Abu Hamster2010-06-04 10:29

MY HEAD IS CAFUFFLED

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Guest - Pete2010-06-04 13:30

Will the caberet stage be added at some point?

Some really nice improvements to the clashfinder this year. Thanks Halvin, for your great work.

Guest - Hannah2010-06-06 13:45

Hi Halvin,

I've emailed you some more accurate times for Bourbon Street. I got these from the downloadable podcasts on official glastonbury website. Sorry it doesn't seem to include times for all the acts, and I may have lost attention and forgot to write a few down, but at least it gives you a bit more of an idea.

Cheers Hannah x

Guest - Dave A2010-06-09 17:58

Looks like the TBA on Sunday on Avalon will be Keane...

http://www.nme.com/news/keane/51439

Guest - eidadio2010-06-09 20:59

Corinne Bailey-Rae slot on Sunday on Croissant Neuf seems to have compessed itself to just a red line, and is not viewable

Guest - halvin2010-06-09 21:40
eidadio said:

Corinne Bailey-Rae slot on Sunday on Croissant Neuf seems to have compessed itself to just a red line, and is not viewable

Well spotted! I'd actually noticed that mistake on the version of the clashfinder on my laptop but assumed that the mistake hadn't made it online. You know what they say when you assume...

All fixed now. 🙂

Guest - Big Dave2010-06-09 23:07

The King Blues are now playing on the leftfield stage on Sunday NOT on Queens Head on Thursday. Just seen on their website! http://www.kingblues.net/news.php?item=261

Guest - vinylvictim2010-06-10 11:53

Hey Halvin, Chew Lips tweeted their headline slot in BBC Introducing on Sunday is an 8:15 start.

Any plans to add the stage in now the line-up's announced?

Guest - halvin2010-06-10 12:14
vinylvictim said:

Hey Halvin, Chew Lips tweeted their headline slot in BBC Introducing on Sunday is an 8:15 start.

Any plans to add the stage in now the line-up's announced?

It will be added but I can't tell you when the next update will be. I'm still waiting for the official times, which I'm hopeful won't be long (but I've been saying that for a week now 😞 ).

Guest - vinylvictim2010-06-11 19:23
halvin said:

It will be added but I can't tell you when the next update will be. I'm still waiting for the official times, which I'm hopeful won't be long (but I've been saying that for a week now 😞 ).

that's cool, excellent work as ever btw, you've really excelled yourself with the new format

big thanks (and donation to follow shortly)

Guest - nicki2010-06-14 20:04

hi, is there any way to save it onto a memory stick? i don't have a printer at home but this site is blocked at work 😞

thanks

Guest - halvin2010-06-14 21:05
nicki said:

hi, is there any way to save it onto a memory stick? i don't have a printer at home but this site is blocked at work 😞

thanks

You could use CutePDF ( http://www.cutepdf.com/Products/CutePDF/writer.asp ), print the page to a PDF at home and take that to work.

Alternatively you could save the page (File > Save) and open that at work, although you'll lose some of the fancy backgrounds.

A third option is to right-click the pdf link at the top of this page and select Save As...

Guest - Nick B2010-06-16 13:48

Have just donated you a pint!

Had one of these in 2008 (not sure if you did it then) and it was priceless!

Thanks you so much for all your hard work and for giving it away so generously.

See you at the festival,

All the best,

Nick B

http://www.twitter.com/Barnickal http://www.Anonnoblog.com

Guest - Jemima2010-06-16 18:55

Yes i know a bit early but i have to get it laminated!!! need help with printing!! ITS COMING OUT FINE!!! but the boxes are blank!!??? HELP?? xx

Guest - Jemima2010-06-16 19:07

it was my ink!!! silly me!! 😁 are we gonna be able to donate still when we get back.. as i did donate last year... but skinted at the mo!!! will pay next week?? 😁 that ok??? x

Guest - mavit2010-06-17 09:07

Seen this iPhone app? Looks like a rip-off to me. http://itunes.apple.com/app/glastonbury-festival/id362078207?mt=8

Guest - alanc2010-06-17 11:09

Word up - confirmed times for all the main stages now on the official site -- http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/lineuptimes/ -- presume Clashfinder General will be following suit imminently?

Guest - halvin2010-06-17 13:01
mavit said:

Seen this iPhone app? Looks like a rip-off to me. http://itunes.apple.com/app/glastonbury-festival/id362078207?mt=8

Yes, it's a rip-off of my clashfinder (as in an actual copy, not just someone recreating what I've done) and of the Glasto website. I've alerted Glastonbury Festivals so they should be releasing the hounds soon. Or maybe the cows. 🙂

Guest - halvin2010-06-17 13:04
alanc said:

Word up - confirmed times for all the main stages now on the official site -- http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/lineuptimes/ -- presume Clashfinder General will be following suit imminently?

I'm on it now.

Guest - Sean2010-06-17 13:27
halvin said:

I'm on it now.

Excitement reaching fever pitch in sunny Berkshire!

Guest - Keechy2010-06-17 21:29

Guest - CarsmileSteve2010-06-17 22:10

am now imagining michael eavis saying "release the cows" in a monty burns voice!!!

Awesome job as always halvin, shall be printing out Tuesday. Any idea when/if we're getting the cabaret line-up, need to know when to go and shout WHATS IT BEEN at otway innit

Guest - vinylvictim2010-06-17 22:30
Keechy said:

You're famous now Halvin! http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/news/download-the-clashfinder-pdf

long overdue recognition for a valuable service i reckon!

Guest - Keechy2010-06-17 22:39
vinylvictim said:

long overdue recognition for a valuable service i reckon!

Here here! Halvin for PM!

Guest - Michael2010-06-18 01:41

wow, this is amazing. will add so much to my first glastonbury experience! thanks from australia

Guest - John2010-06-18 06:55

Guest - John2010-06-18 06:57

Just an idea, ever thought of putting together the greatest ever clashfinder line-up? With Glasto bands past and present? Maybe something to tackle after the festival? Mind you if you put your feet up until next year you'll have earned it. Great work.

Guest - Neil2010-06-18 12:44

This gets better every year Halvin!

Here's an idea for next year. I want to generate a timetable of all the acts I have highlighted.

Thanks to Mrs Halvin for letting you out to play again this year.

Guest - Mark2010-06-19 20:52

Hey Halvin, the clashfinder is awesome! any news on any of the special guests slots?

Guest - halvin2010-06-19 21:47
Mark said:

Hey Halvin, the clashfinder is awesome! any news on any of the special guests slots?

Nope, sorry. Everything I know is on the clashfinder. They don't trust me with secrets. ;)

Guest - mavit2010-06-20 22:33

Any news from the Cabaret Tent this year?

Guest - halvin2010-06-20 22:40
mavit said:

Any news from the Cabaret Tent this year?

Nope but that would be a good one to fill in. I'll see what turns up tomorrow and do some gentle prodding if it's not there. 🙂

Guest - Mark2010-06-21 13:25

Hi there,

I don't have "Also in the Paper Options box, tick the Print Background Colors and Images box " access to this, so my personalised clashfinder prints off unreadable : (

Any ideas of where else I might be able to alter the settings...?

Guest - halvin2010-06-21 13:33
Mark said:

Hi there,

I don't have "Also in the Paper Options box, tick the Print Background Colors and Images box " access to this, so my personalised clashfinder prints off unreadable : (

Any ideas of where else I might be able to alter the settings...?

From the text you quoted I can tell you're using Internet Explorer (the text is different for different browsers). Because you don't have the option to print backgrounds, I suspect that you're using Internet Explorer 6 and you're out of luck, sorry -- you can't print the clashfinder using that browser. I highly recommend getting a different browser or updating to Internet Explorer 8, but you're probably at work so you don't have a choice.

Guest - Mark2010-06-21 13:37
halvin said:

From the text you quoted I can tell you're using Internet Explorer (the text is different for different browsers). Because you don't have the option to print backgrounds, I suspect that you're using Internet Explorer 6 and you're out of luck, sorry -- you can't print the clashfinder using that browser. I highly recommend getting a different browser or updating to Internet Explorer 8, but you're probably at work so you don't have a choice.

Yep, at work 😞

Thanks anyway!

Guest - JimF2010-06-21 13:58

Cracking work. Invaluable as ever. Pint on me coming your way (southern prices)...

Guest - RONNY T2010-06-21 19:02

Hi,

Are the timings correct for the Hub on Sat. The timings on the link posted state drugstore at 3.30??

http://www.attitudeiseverything.org.uk/whirl/?module=news&action=show&id=212

Guest - halvin2010-06-21 22:17
RONNY T said:

Hi,

Are the timings correct for the Hub on Sat. The timings on the link posted state drugstore at 3.30??

http://www.attitudeiseverything.org.uk/whirl/?module=news&action=show&id=212

I don't know, sorry. The information I've got says that they're on at 16:45. My information might be wrong or that link might be wrong.

Guest - Paul W2010-06-22 08:11

Is the PDF out of date?

Guest - halvin2010-06-22 08:28
Paul W said:

Is the PDF out of date?

It's rev R, so no.

Guest - Carsmilesteve2010-06-22 08:43

slightly disturbingly on the glastofest twitter feed last night:

We'll post when we can get 'em RT @Shotdown85 information on comedy tent/line up? Can't find any times or info.

about 16 hours ago via web

so what's in the brochure/programme which i'm assuming has gone to print? or do the printers not talk to the web people (says the man who has to produce a course guide with 2,500 courses in every year and knows what the answer to this probably is...)

Guest - halvin2010-06-22 09:02
Carsmilesteve said:

slightly disturbingly on the glastofest twitter feed last night:

We'll post when we can get 'em RT @Shotdown85 information on comedy tent/line up? Can't find any times or info.

about 16 hours ago via web

so what's in the brochure/programme which i'm assuming has gone to print? or do the printers not talk to the web people (says the man who has to produce a course guide with 2,500 courses in every year and knows what the answer to this probably is...)

They don't normally print them anywhere but they'll be on blackboards outside the tent each day. Someone reported that he found all of the pre-written boards outside the tent on the Wednesday last year so he took photos.

Guest - Carsmilesteve2010-06-22 09:43
halvin said:

They don't normally print them anywhere but they'll be on blackboards outside the tent each day. Someone reported that he found all of the pre-written boards outside the tent on the Wednesday last year so he took photos.

um, i think they do normally have them in the big brochure (at work so can't check), or at least a reasonable approximation...

aaaaaaaanyway, i'm sure it'll all be fine, won't it 🙂 what's the worst that can happen?

Guest - Darrell2010-06-22 10:22

Thanks as ever dude! You have saved my festival life many years over.

Can we expect any further revisions after Version R between now and tomorrow?

Want to print out the most up to day versions for my Glasto brigade!

Cheers

Guest - halvin2010-06-22 11:02
Darrell said:

Thanks as ever dude! You have saved my festival life many years over.

Can we expect any further revisions after Version R between now and tomorrow?

Want to print out the most up to day versions for my Glasto brigade!

Cheers

Not impossible but very unlikely. I've printed a load off now so my motivation for doing updates has diminished. ;)

Guest - TK2010-06-22 12:44

Halvin - Could you please add the Stonebridge Bar line up to the clashfinder?

http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/news/stonebridge-bar-line-up-revealed

Guest - halvin2010-06-22 12:52
TK said:

Halvin - Could you please add the Stonebridge Bar line up to the clashfinder?

http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/news/stonebridge-bar-line-up-revealed

It's there but hidden by default. Click 'Customise you Clashfinder' and then the 'Stages' tab.

Guest - TK2010-06-22 13:14
halvin said:

It's there but hidden by default. Click 'Customise you Clashfinder' and then the 'Stages' tab.

Nice One Halvin!

Guest - MichManchester2010-06-22 14:59

Halvin you and your clashfinder are legends. Have a pint of spicy warm cider at sunset on me. Michmanchester.

Guest - Glasto virgin2010-06-22 17:21
halvin said:

It's there but hidden by default. Click 'Customise you Clashfinder' and then the 'Stages' tab.

Sorry to be dumb but how do I retrieve my saved Clashfinder I did the other day? Awesome by the way, just what I was saying I needed the evening before the link appeared!

Guest - halvin2010-06-22 17:33
Glasto virgin said:

Sorry to be dumb but how do I retrieve my saved Clashfinder I did the other day? Awesome by the way, just what I was saying I needed the evening before the link appeared!

If you follow the 'Click here to view the clashfinder' link at the top of the page, your saved clashfinder will be restored. If you just get a plain clashfinder, you've either clicked 'save' on a plain clashfinder or your cookies have been cleared. Either way you're scuppered and you need to start again, I'm afraid.

Guest - Glasto virgin2010-06-22 20:06
halvin said:

If you follow the 'Click here to view the clashfinder' link at the top of the page, your saved clashfinder will be restored. If you just get a plain clashfinder, you've either clicked 'save' on a plain clashfinder or your cookies have been cleared. Either way you're scuppered and you need to start again, I'm afraid.

Thanks it is there - yippee! I didn't notice it before as I haven't highlighted anything on Thursday! I'm sure I'll find something I like though. Thanks again. Donation on way.

Guest - Arky2010-06-30 17:50

Thanks again dude, I hope you had a good one. Saw loads of people carrying a clashfinder - I particularly liked one group of a dozen or so who were all walking down the railway track in single file, each one holding an A3 colour copy!

Until next year

A

Guest - MsK2010-07-08 23:38

OMG - travesty!

Had it all planned... Found the Glasto Clashfinder nice an early... Kept an eye on it... Looked at it in the week before the Festival... then the fookin printer wouldn't work! I have never felt so lost at Glasto! There were arguements, disagreements, and a general feeling of lostness without the ClashFinder!

Never again will I leave the technology bit till the last minute! Till next year - when I will ensure that I am prepared!

And as an aside... love your SAS Ball photos! Are you going this year?!

Guest - halvin2010-07-09 07:15

I'm not going to the Ball this year. I figured I'd draw a line under it -- it's never going to be as good as I remember it. Having a family doesn't help, either. ;)