Clashfinder Thumbnail

View the Glastonbury 2009 clashfinder.

View the Glastonbury 2009 line-up.

Clashfinder Info

Name: g2009

Thank you

A massive, massive thank you to all the people who donated to the clashfinder fund. It's appreciated more than you'd believe. I'm sure you're all dying to know what the final present was -- Mrs H has got/will get a bottle of champagne, a bunch of flowers, a pair of shoes and a hair cut. After all that lot there ought to be enough for a new dress too. Aren't you just a lovely bunch of people.

Thank you also to all the people that helped by giving me information. Finally, thanks to everyone who took the time to come here and make the clashfinder as popular as it is!

Hope to see y'all next year. Halv. Xx

Revisions

19/06/2009 Rev I

Just a few little tweaks. Added Guardian Lounge on Thursday, move Blur's start to 21:50, fiddled with a few end times and changed Teddy Thompson to Glenn Tilbrook on Avalon Sunday. And I've just noticed that I've killed the hour ticks at the top. Can't be bothered to change it now.

18/06/2009 Rev H

Added Croissant Neuf and Rubbish Doll House.

16/06/2009 Rev G

Added Cabaret and Avalon Caf. Firmed up times for the Queens Head on Thursday.

14/06/2009 Rev F

Lots and lots of lovely red boxes. I'm currently only missing times for the Queens Head on Thursday and the Guardian Lounge.

10/06/2009 Rev E

Times for the Dance Village firmed up.

05/05/2009 Rev D

Mostly format changes. Speakers Forum added, some times tweaked.

03/06/2009 Rev C

A little tinkering. Added Dance Lounge, G Stage, Pussy Parlure, Guardian Lounge and Cinema. Life moves pretty fast. You don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

29/05/2009 Rev B

A slightly better rough draft. A few stages have published their times, which helps a lot!.

26/05/2009 Rev A

A very rough first draft. When I get the chance I'll go through last year's line-up and see if I can refine things a little.

Note:

The clashfinder normally gets much more accurate in the few days before the festival so if you're going to print it to take with you it's worth waiting as long as you can before doing so.

Comments

halvin16:11 28th Apr 2009 

Anyone excited yet?

Beano09:09 1st May 2009 

Also Excited to see the Clashfinder!!

halvin14:20 1st May 2009 

Beano said:

Also Excited to see the Clashfinder!!

Ah ha! So at least one person has figured out to change the '8' to a '9' in the address of last year's clashfinder page. Well done there.

:grin:

steveep11:10 4th May 2009 

Excited? Blur @ Glasto? Oh yes!!!!

bring on the clashfinder :grin:

Beano12:51 6th May 2009 

halvin said:

Ah ha! So at least one person has figured out to change the '8' to a '9' in the address of last year's clashfinder page. Well done there.

:grin:

Haha Yeah, Cheers.

So the money question.....When do you envisage the 1st draft being uploaded? :smile:

halvin17:10 6th May 2009 

Beano said:

When do you envisage the 1st draft being uploaded? :smile:

About a day after some reliable information comes out about the line-up. :smile: As for when (or if) that happens -- your guess is as good as mine.

By this time last year the official site had posted line-ups (with gaps, without times) for the main stages, which allowed me to guess enough to put out the first revision. Hopefully something will come out soon. There's always the chance that they won't release any information in advance this year, which will be a shame.

pippin19:40 7th May 2009 

whats this then?

cam10:55 14th May 2009 

looking forward to pouring over the finder of the clashes halvin. was an essential and much envied commodity last year. now we just need mr eavis to release the info. come on michael!!

Oxford Blues12:44 18th May 2009 

Planning a workable detailed itinerary is going to be harder this year than most, what with Blur, The Specials, Madness, The Boss and so many, many more. So I can't wait for the Clashfinder timetables and work out the optimum inter-stage dashes!

Abu Hamster22:53 18th May 2009 

Halvin you are a legend!

Looking forward to your last draft showing a gap between The Specials, Lamb and Dan Le Sac and Scroobius pip

Please!

Beano21:33 19th May 2009 

I've heard the line up is due for release in the Guardian News Paper on Tues the 26th, Possible leak Late monday night if they are printing the paper....?? I dont think i can wait much longer :tongue:

Beano10:45 21st May 2009 

The Guardian are announcing the line up @ 10pm on Monday on their Twitter Page!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2009/may/19/glastonbury-festival-lineup

halvin11:20 21st May 2009 

Beano said:

The Guardian are announcing the line up @ 10pm on Monday on their Twitter Page!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2009/may/19/glastonbury-festival-lineup

Yeah, I'd seen that. I'm not sure if that means that they'll be tweeting the whole line-up or just a link to a page with the line-up. Hopefully the latter! :smile:

Beano15:59 21st May 2009 

halvin said:

Yeah, I'd seen that. I'm not sure if that means that they'll be tweeting the whole line-up or just a link to a page with the line-up. Hopefully the latter! :smile:

Yeah, i dont have a twitter account so hopefully they will do that! New Glasto Site going live soon too!

Hal17:27 22nd May 2009 

Hi Halvin,
It was my first Glasto last year and the guide really helped. I think I would have missed some really great performances. Of particular note were The Beat on the Left Field stage followed by Eddy Grant on the Jazz World.
Looking forward to Glasto even more this year as the line up so far has some bands and artists I've wanted to see for a long time (Neil Young & The Boss).

Look out for Mundo Jazz. I saw them on the Blazing Saddles stage last year. They are a spoof world music band. Hilarious.

Keep up the good work, it's really a great guide. Beats the official one hands down.

candice02:12 26th May 2009 

thank you halvin!! :smile:

Mungo13:19 26th May 2009 

thanks for this! I think brucey will get more than an hour and a half though....

halvin14:01 26th May 2009 

Mungo said:

thanks for this! I think brucey will get more than an hour and a half though....

He'll do two and a half hours, apparently. That was some news that I missed.

Daniel17:22 26th May 2009 

Thanks Halvin - this is partb of tradition now ... every year I..

Pour over the your list online ... checking for potential clashes
Carefully print off a copy
Stash said copy in my rucksack
Double check it is in ruckdsacke before departing
Stash the copy in my pocket on Wednesday
Lose it Wednesday night fall back to using the guardian mini-guide!!!

Maybe I will hang on to it this time .. at least until Friday!

gizmoman21:11 26th May 2009 

Thanks for doing this again halvin, it's much appreciated, makes it so much easier to plan your day at the festival. (even if those plans never seem to happen!)

petaldaze22:09 26th May 2009 

Thanks so much. I've been using your clashfinder for years now but this year you just made my 12yr old the happiest boy in Ireland. We were unable to print the official poster thing last night so I got him to look on efests and lo and behold it's here already! It's his first Glasto and I think he might burst with excitement before we even get on the plane! Have a good one. xx

Stevie_B22:19 26th May 2009 

Belated (just a bit!) thanks for your Mega Clashfinder last year.
Helped us start with a plan - until de-railed by unforseen cider-related shenanigans.

You're a star :wink:

xploit01:17 27th May 2009 

Many thnx for this :smile: More acts announced now, G-Stage and rest of Dance Village are on official site - any idea when your going to get a v2 together?

Your an absolute star though! :smile:

temple cloud11:12 27th May 2009 

If you can be arsed, you could look at a few bands myspaces sites (etc) as sometimes they announce the times that they are playing at.

halvin12:07 27th May 2009 

temple cloud said:

If you can be arsed, you could look at a few bands myspaces sites (etc) as sometimes they announce the times that they are playing at.

It's been done, not by me but freeak on eFestivals. I'll use the information in the next revision. :smile:

temple cloud18:38 27th May 2009 

halvin said:

It's been done, not by me but freeak on eFestivals. I'll use the information in the next revision. :smile:

Cool! (Did they copy it from the one done on exTos? - who cares, the information is out there :smile: )

Anna18:49 27th May 2009 

Just wanted to say thanks for taking the time to put this together...made my festival last year and I've kept my 08 clashfinder to remember who we saw...facilitated the nice making of a playlist in my itunes too! All round diamond Halvin - thanks!

Poster from the Glastonbury we08:29 28th May 2009 

Has anyone figured out how to edit the poster to fit onto say two A4 sheets, I'm rubbish with this sort of thing. Looks nice on the wall

Sam Crawley12:02 28th May 2009 

Excellent work. Maybe you should make the Clashfinder into a wiki so you can get everyone to do the work for you :grin:

phuzz14:46 28th May 2009 

Last year we printed out the clashfinder onto banner material about 2m by 3m wide and used it as a door mat out side our tent, definitely the way to go :smile:
Thanks for putting this together mate, it's a lifesaver!

Katie15:12 28th May 2009 

THE best Glastonbury preparation tool ever. We took laminated copies with us in 2007 - v handy in all the muck and rain. Looking forward to v2, which I assume will include the new William's Green space, as well as the otehr stuff noted by others above?

bash19:13 28th May 2009 

for your assistance!

12.00-1.30 Nathan Detroit
1.30-3.00 Deepgroove
3.00-4.30 Joe Goddard � Hot Chip
4.30-5.15 Whomadewho � live
5.15-6.30 Skream & Benga
6.30-8.00 Annie Mac
8.00-8.45 The Whip � live
8.45-10.30 Crookers
10.30-12.30 Erol Alkan

dance west friday. theyre real.

Louise22:25 28th May 2009 

I'm SO impressed. How come I never knew about this before. Did an angel send you??!

Jo23:24 28th May 2009 

It's fantastic, shame I'm not going.

Does one exist for Latitude? I am going there!

halvin00:48 29th May 2009 

Louise: Yes. :grin:

Jo: I'm not going to Latitude so I'm not sure, sorry.

halvin07:44 29th May 2009 

phuzz said:

Last year we printed out the clashfinder onto banner material about 2m by 3m wide and used it as a door mat out side our tent, definitely the way to go :smile:

That sounds brilliant! If you've got a photo, mail it to me at photos@halvin.co.uk. I'd love to see it. :smile:

temple cloud10:05 29th May 2009 

cheers for rev b, keep them coming. I am going through random bands' myspaces to listen to new stuff at the moment and keeping a note of the times they reckon they are playing Glastonbury. If you like I can post the information here for you?

The clashfinder is great! It's brilliant to imagine all the different routes you could take through the day.

Mike12:33 29th May 2009 

I use the clashfinder religiously. Being an office type, I get it shrunk down and laminated so no amount of the weekend's excesses affects my ability to read it. Everyone thinks that I am both brilliant and dull - and I have you to thank for that halvin!

Keep up the great work :grin:

jamie gray14:21 29th May 2009 

Hi halvin, great work mate.

Will the G-stage lineup be added to the clashfinder at some point?

AndyM10:18 30th May 2009 

Excellent - changing that 08 to an 09 worked a treat!
Still have last years clashfinder (laminated) and marked off with where I was to jog my memory at a later date.

Will be doing exactly the same this year - many many many thanks. :smile:

alji5914:34 30th May 2009 

jamie gray said:

Hi halvin, great work mate.

Will the G-stage lineup be added to the clashfinder at some point?

great work Halvin....
also would like to ask about the g stage lineup too???

halvin18:25 30th May 2009 

alji59 said:

great work Halvin....
also would like to ask about the g stage lineup too???

Yes, it ought to be in the next revision, which will appear when I get around to it. :smile:

niblet23:01 30th May 2009 

halvin said:

Anyone excited yet?

Tickets arrived today, revision B of clash finder, excited? moi?

Endon15:07 31st May 2009 

Gooood work bro - bring it on!!!

paddydog10:56 1st Jun 2009 

Added to the Glastonbury thread on mindlessbanter.net http://www.mindlessbanter.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=12304
Hope you don't mind.

audiomatte15:40 1st Jun 2009 

good work with the guide so far! more stages please :smile:

this one deals with latitude, but it's not perfect yet... loads of gaps/guessed times etc...
http://bugs.rdmsoft.com/latitude

phuzz16:42 1st Jun 2009 

halvin said:

That sounds brilliant! If you've got a photo, mail it to me at photos@halvin.co.uk. I'd love to see it. :smile:

Don't think we've got any pictures from last year, but I'll print an extra copy out for you if you like, my way of saying thanks for compiling this :smile:

Pete19:43 2nd Jun 2009 

halvin said:

Anyone excited yet?

Very much so. Great ClashFinder, very handy.

Was just wondering if you can make the data you are using available so I can tinker with it to produce a .csv file to import into google calendar (I would make the calendar publicly available). It can then be imported into iCal for use on my iPhone :smile:

Keep up the good work,
Pete (@webSurgeon )

halvin20:19 2nd Jun 2009 

phuzz said:

Don't think we've got any pictures from last year, but I'll print an extra copy out for you if you like, my way of saying thanks for compiling this :smile:

If it's not too much trouble I'd love one! If you get one done, email me at photos@halvin.co.uk. :grin:

Pete said:

Was just wondering if you can make the data you are using available so I can tinker with it to produce a .csv file to import into google calendar (I would make the calendar publicly available). It can then be imported into iCal for use on my iPhone :smile:

I'll see what I can do :smile:

edit: Come to think of it Pete, send me your email address and I'll let you know where the files are. If I post them publicly I've got a feeling I'll be flooded with people telling me that they've found the set times :wink:

mavit21:20 2nd Jun 2009 

It occurred to me last year that it would be nice to be able to remix the clashfinder to show the stages that you're most interested in. I promptly forgot all about this for 11 months, but there's probably enough time for me to hack something half-baked together in time for the festival.

Do you have the schedules available in some easily digestible format? Something fancy like iCalendar would probably be best, but a simple text file with a list of times and acts would do the job just fine.

mavit21:25 2nd Jun 2009 

mavit said:

It occurred to me last year that it would be nice to be able to remix the clashfinder to show the stages that you're most interested in. I promptly forgot all about this for 11 months, but there's probably enough time for me to hack something half-baked together in time for the festival.

Do you have the schedules available in some easily digestible format? Something fancy like iCalendar would probably be best, but a simple text file with a list of times and acts would do the job just fine.

Oh, now that I refresh the page and see the previous comment, I see that you do :smile:

I'll also request a copy, if you don't mind.

Pete09:45 3rd Jun 2009 

halvin said:

I'll see what I can do :smile:

edit: Come to think of it Pete, send me your email address and I'll let you know where the files are. If I post them publicly I've got a feeling I'll be flooded with people telling me that they've found the set times :wink:

Just got a "Mail delivery failed" response after sending e-mail to photos@halvin.co.uk
Maybe you are just spam filtering on unknown addresses and did receive the e-mail? Let me know if you need me to send again (to a different address?).

halvin10:25 3rd Jun 2009 

Oh dear, it looks like my email went tits-up at 9 this morning. Email to hal at halvin dot co dot uk ought to still work (although it'll still generate an error message, I think).

Alternatively you could post your email address here and I'll delete it once I've seen it.

alji5906:14 4th Jun 2009 

halvin said:

Oh dear, it looks like my email went tits-up at 9 this morning. Email to hal at halvin dot co dot uk ought to still work (although it'll still generate an error message, I think).

Alternatively you could post your email address here and I'll delete it once I've seen it.

brilliant work Halvin

Olly11:31 4th Jun 2009 

You do good work!!
Many Thanks!

ernest13:59 4th Jun 2009 

I'm still getting rev B...?

halvin14:05 4th Jun 2009 

ernest said:

I'm still getting rev B...?

You need to clear your browser's cache. Try shutting down your browser, restarting it and downloading the clashfinder again.

ernest16:01 4th Jun 2009 

halvin said:

You need to clear your browser's cache. Try shutting down your browser, restarting it and downloading the clashfinder again.

Thanks - Yes tried all of that but still getting B.... strange

Big Davos16:23 4th Jun 2009 

Jack Penate / Jamie T on at the same time as the Specials.... grrrr.

Loopylass17:03 4th Jun 2009 

Am a complete Glastonbury newbie and just found your site - it's sooooooo good!!!! What a lifesaver! I've been trawling through myspace trying to find out who was on while I'm stewarding (and laughing at the number apparently appearing at 8pm on the same stage!!) but your table is so much better.

It does confirm that most of the acts I want to see are while I'm stewarding, but ach well - such is life :tongue:

Thanks for all your hard work. :grin:

Jimima16:19 5th Jun 2009 

Thank you...i used this when i went in 2007, was thinking for searching for u and i found u !!!! cant thank u enough!!!! thanks xx :grin:

Hal18:04 5th Jun 2009 

Thought you might also be interested in this. Glasto 2009 overlay for Google earth with all the site details. Very cool. Will help with the planning when combined with Halvin's excellent clashfinder.

Thanks

Hal18:05 5th Jun 2009 

Whoops. Forgot the important bit.

http://www.glastoearth.com/

alji5912:35 7th Jun 2009 

great work fella.....
just dropped a quid in your box...
cheers

cam14:03 8th Jun 2009 

me too halvin! great stuff and definitely worth a quid or too. in fact, eavis should pay you to make a better official schedule.

petaldaze23:41 8th Jun 2009 

Loving your work Mr Halvin. May I be so bold as to suggest, as a mum of three, Mrs Halvin may prefer a massage and some time without baby Halvin instead of flowers? :wink:

Martin08:07 9th Jun 2009 

Cheers, so useful...even at �2 I feel like a cheapskate!

halvin08:59 9th Jun 2009 

petaldaze said:

Loving your work Mr Halvin. May I be so bold as to suggest, as a mum of three, Mrs Halvin may prefer a massage and some time without baby Halvin instead of flowers? :wink:

Suggestion noted :smile:

What she really wants is a new pair of shoes and, fingers crossed, we're on-target to get some. Well done everybody who's donated so far.

In case anyone's wondering, I've actually put some money in the pot myself. Like I said at the top, I like putting together the clashfinder and I get use out of it, so why wouldn't I pay like everyone else? :grin:

Jeff12:37 9th Jun 2009 

Have a quid from me, I took an A0 printout last year, howver it did burn just a bit too well!!

Anna21:20 9th Jun 2009 

Tickets arrived...saw Oasis at Heaton Park on Saturday...all adding to me being VERY excited about Glasto now!

Popped by to check on updates and saw you tin rattling so dropped in a few quid - also passed on to my mates who loved me last year for finding your handy work so hopefully they might add a penny or two! Thanks again - total diamond!

abs23:42 9th Jun 2009 

halvin - great work but whats your reasoning for the pyramid timings on friday? between the end of regina and the start of fleet foxes there's 3 hours and just one act! have you had knowledge that there'll be such a big gap in the schedule there or is that just a guess?

halvin00:25 10th Jun 2009 

abs said:

halvin - great work but whats your reasoning for the pyramid timings on friday? between the end of regina and the start of fleet foxes there's 3 hours and just one act! have you had knowledge that there'll be such a big gap in the schedule there or is that just a guess?

It's an estimated time. I heard that Lily Allen's on at 19:00 which means that there's an act missing, the Pyramid starts late, or some or all of the early acts are playing long slots. I figured I'd take a punt on the special guests having a long slot.

g dog15:00 10th Jun 2009 

great stuff halvin. Ive been using clash finder for many a year and i shall donate a bit of cash for your toil.

1 point Dance stage East on Saturday seems to be different in the offical line up compared to yours. the offical has got Eric Prydz second last but you have got him quite a bit further down and Deadmau5 on 2nd last. Any ideas which is correct?

halvin00:01 11th Jun 2009 

g dog said:

1 point Dance stage East on Saturday seems to be different in the offical line up compared to yours. the offical has got Eric Prydz second last but you have got him quite a bit further down and Deadmau5 on 2nd last. Any ideas which is correct?

The official site was correct. They'd moved things around since I did those stages. It's updated now. :smile:

Jo bloggs16:41 11th Jun 2009 

Halvin - I have inside info on the Dance Village times and want to send to you, but your email doesn't work

halvin16:54 11th Jun 2009 

Jo bloggs said:

Halvin - I have inside info on the Dance Village times and want to send to you, but your email doesn't work

Are you sure? I've just sent an email to photos@halvin.co.uk and it came through just fine.

Roytheboy20:47 11th Jun 2009 

Great piece of work - really appreciate and I've bunged a couple of quid in the pot. Mind you, having changed a few nappies, I think I'd rather do anything else :smile:

Roy

Pedro10:56 12th Jun 2009 

Seeing clashfinder is just adding to my atticipation. Bunged some cash for the flowers, sterling work Halvin, keep it up. This site is getting to be a part of me ramping up to Glasto. Roll on a week on Wednesday 8am. I feel like my five year old waiting for Christmas. It'll be my five year olds third Glasto, don't know who's more excited.

Pedro10:56 12th Jun 2009 

I do know whose more excited.

Jo bloggs13:06 12th Jun 2009 

Well, I received this, will try from another email

Reporting-MTA: dns;col0-omc3-s7.col0.hotmail.com
Received-From-MTA: dns;COL119-W24
Arrival-Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 08:20:35 -0700

Final-Recipient: rfc822;photos@halvin.co.uk
Action: failed
Status: 5.5.0
Diagnostic-Code: smtp;553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)

Neil18:07 12th Jun 2009 

Top effort! Well worth a donation.

I see Thursday has 'Smash N Grab' now headlining the Queen's on Thurs...

Angie13:11 13th Jun 2009 

Can I make a donation without a pay pal account?

Pete S12:07 14th Jun 2009 

Any chance Stonebridge Bar will be added to the clash finder?

Pete

Jo Bloggs13:07 14th Jun 2009 

Hey Halvin, did you manage to receive my email at all?

Oxford Blues14:48 14th Jun 2009 

Can I just add to all the eulogies about your heroic efforts Halvin? You are one of the true legends of Glastonbury, up there with Tort, Arabella, HGM, Infoman, Prue and (dare I say?) ME himself. Thank you from the heart for doing all this for us. Please come along to one of the board meets so I can give you a hug.

glasto dan21:12 14th Jun 2009 

Roytheboy said:

Great piece of work - really appreciate and I've bunged a couple of quid in the pot. Mind you, having changed a few nappies, I think I'd rather do anything else :smile:

Roy

still alive my son , see you at the g stage.

excited01:46 15th Jun 2009 

I'm so stressed - work is busy and glastonbury is ALMOST HERE!!! However, I've a large group of friends and family camping with me, so I'm as excited as I've ever been. When they ask how we know what we will do where and when, I point them to the clashfinder - which is why I made my donation before I downloaded.

You've sorted my glastonbury experiences for 3 years so far and I can't thank you enough.

PJ12:24 15th Jun 2009 

Halvin, have you got any idea who the secret/special guests are on the main stage and mainly the park stage?

PJ12:29 15th Jun 2009 

Also there's a stage called the greenpeace stage which laura Marling and Mumford & Sons are supposed to be playing on. have you any idea if this is true, if so, what day and time.

I'll be making a donation shortly for your cause.

Thanks

halvin12:51 15th Jun 2009 

PJ said:

Halvin, have you got any idea who the secret/special guests are on the main stage and mainly the park stage?

I heard a rumour that the special guests at the Park on Saturday will be the Klaxons. That's all I know. :smile:

I don't have any info on the Greenpeace Stage.

Spider4313:00 15th Jun 2009 

Donated - Cheers for doing this, Invaluable!!

Hope the Mrs enjoys the flowers and there's enough left over for a few pints!

Jo bloggs14:07 15th Jun 2009 

Hi Halvin - I want to send you another timetable I have but not sure if you received my email at all? If you can confirm, that would be great.
Cheers and thanks for the hard work!

halvin14:25 15th Jun 2009 

Jo bloggs said:

Hi Halvin - I want to send you another timetable I have but not sure if you received my email at all? If you can confirm, that would be great.
Cheers and thanks for the hard work!

Yes, I received it and I replied to it. Sounds like we're having a lot of trouble with our email! If photos@halvin.co.uk doesn't seem to be working, try 'hal' instead of 'photos' in the address.

The email I sent said thank you very much, the information was very useful.

Any further information you have will be very gratefully received. :smile:

Jo bloggs14:27 15th Jun 2009 

halvin said:

Yes, I received it and I replied to it. Sounds like we're having a lot of trouble with our email! If photos@halvin.co.uk doesn't seem to be working, try 'hal' instead of 'photos' in the address.

The email I sent said thank you very much, the information was very useful.

Any further information you have will be very gratefully received. :smile:

got it and have replied :smile:

Rushie22:28 15th Jun 2009 

Thanks very much for all the hard work, halvin. Hope you get a few quid in donations.

Cheers, and have a good fest.

g dog10:56 16th Jun 2009 

amazing. look at all those red boxes.

there is an hour gap at peak time on Saturday night from 10.45 till 11.45pm at the Glade . a big act maybe - any ideas halvin or anyone else????? and please no wild rumours to falsely get my juices flowing.

also silent disco seems to be far fewer acts on than what is on the official lineup.

Abu Hamster12:57 16th Jun 2009 

Rolf on Sat is 12.15 accoridng to his website

Halvin the Lamb , Dan le Sac and Specials are clashing again have a word!

LusciousLucy14:07 16th Jun 2009 

Hey Halvin

Never ventured in to the world of the Clashfinder before...but thank you very very much. Even though there is very little I want to see as usual, even I have managed to find a clash or 2!!!

�1 in the tin for you sir...

and when are the Meets being added?!! Hahaha! :grin:

halvin14:32 16th Jun 2009 

g dog said:

there is an hour gap at peak time on Saturday night from 10.45 till 11.45pm at the Glade

There is now a 'tbc' in that gap on the fieldofavalon.co.uk website, so someone's definitely playing. It was just a gap before.

g dog said:

also silent disco seems to be far fewer acts on than what is on the official lineup.

That's because it runs past 4am! :wink:

Abu Hamster said:

Rolf on Sat is 12.15 according to his website

But the guide says 12:30. Who are you going to believe? :smile:

g dog15:03 16th Jun 2009 

halvin said:

g dog said:

there is an hour gap at peak time on Saturday night from 10.45 till 11.45pm at the Glade

There is now a 'tbc' in that gap on the fieldofavalon.co.uk website, so someone's definitely playing. It was just a gap before.

g dog said:

also silent disco seems to be far fewer acts on than what is on the official lineup.

That's because it runs past 4am! :wink:

Abu Hamster said:

Rolf on Sat is 12.15 according to his website

But the guide says 12:30. Who are you going to believe? :smile:

ahhh thanks Halvin - you really are the Oracle of all knowledge.

Funk_Yeah16:10 16th Jun 2009 

Hey Halvin have just come across your clashfinder.... Its amazin.. Just wanted to say Thanks. Listen up dude I'm so far over my overdraft limit that I donate a pound or two it will cost me �25 in bank charges, but rest assured as soon as payday comes round i'll make a donation.

Do you make it available in an excel format so I can geek it up and highlite some tings and make it neck hanging size?!

halvin16:27 16th Jun 2009 

Funk_Yeah said:

Hey Halvin have just come across your clashfinder.... Its amazin.. Just wanted to say Thanks. Listen up dude I'm so far over my overdraft limit that I donate a pound or two it will cost me �25 in bank charges, but rest assured as soon as payday comes round i'll make a donation.

Do you make it available in an excel format so I can geek it up and highlite some tings and make it neck hanging size?!

The reason I made it a voluntary donation rather than trying to charge is that I realise that a quid is a bit of a pinch to some people and I wanted to make it accessible to all, so no worries there. :smile:

I get asked frequently but it's not available in Excel format for the simple reason that it doesn't exist in that format. I do it in CorelDraw, which few people own and even fewer can use. :grin:

Ian18:11 16th Jun 2009 

Thanks, well worth a quid.

kenny18:49 16th Jun 2009 

Times are online for Avalon Cafe: www.fieldofavalon.co.uk

Jimima19:50 16th Jun 2009 

i was a good icle girl..sorry only a quid!!! would of paid more!!! xxx

Mike19:57 16th Jun 2009 

http://www.myspace.com/crazypmusic

Crazy P on at 20:00 friday according to their myspace.

Craig04:03 17th Jun 2009 

Glastowatch website have leaked copies of the Guardian guide up on their website.

http://www.glastowatch.co.uk/

WelshChris - aka Insanity Praw09:28 17th Jun 2009 

Hey Halvin,

Thanks for the clashfinder, its a real festival-must. Happy to donate a pound!

Just one thing - I seem to be having trouble opening the file right now. When I click the (big blue) link, my computer is attempting to open it with Adobe 9, and saying error, the file wa not found or saomething.

Any ideas?

Anyone else having this problem?

BIG GLASTO LOVE...
See you all there THIS TIME NEXT WEEK!!!!!

Dibbul12:51 17th Jun 2009 

Halvin,

You are a legend.

I assume you will be wearing a 'I am Halvin' T-shirt or badge. You won't have to buy a single drink.

Thanks

Beano13:04 17th Jun 2009 

Dibbul said:

Halvin,

You are a legend.

I assume you will be wearing a 'I am Halvin' T-shirt or badge. You won't have to buy a single drink.

Thanks

Ah! Now There is a Good Idea! Think ill be wearing an 'I am Halvin' T Shirt too! :wink:

�1 in the box! Thanks!

blammo14:24 17th Jun 2009 

is there any chance of seeing Four Tet and the Stonebridge Bar lineup added to the clashfinder?

Chloeeeee17:06 17th Jun 2009 

Thank you so much for this- what a great job. wear a t-shirt with your name an I shall buy you a drink!

halvin19:14 17th Jun 2009 

blammo said:

is there any chance of seeing Four Tet and the Stonebridge Bar lineup added to the clashfinder?

No, I'm afraid not. I don't have times for Stonebridge or any space to add them. I do hope to be able to add Croissant Neuf soon, though.

g dog12:13 18th Jun 2009 

halvin said:

blammo said:

is there any chance of seeing Four Tet and the Stonebridge Bar lineup added to the clashfinder?

No, I'm afraid not. I don't have times for Stonebridge or any space to add them. I do hope to be able to add Croissant Neuf soon, though.

so halvin there is lots of differences between your wonderful grid and the leaked "official" guardian guide. whats your verdict - is the guide bobbins?

Joe12:34 18th Jun 2009 

A band called Homecut say they are playing the Cabaret stage at 3pm on the sunday - but the clashfinder has something else listed.

http://music.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=music.showDetails&friendid=45005019&Band_Show_ID=38539831

Any ideas?

halvin13:25 18th Jun 2009 

g dog said:

so halvin there is lots of differences between your wonderful grid and the leaked "official" guardian guide. whats your verdict - is the guide bobbins?

The guide's not too bad except for Dance East (maybe West). There are normally a few discrepancies between the guide and actual running order. Hopefully the clashfinder's roughly right but only time will tell.

halvin13:27 18th Jun 2009 

Joe said:

A band called Homecut say they are playing the Cabaret stage at 3pm on the sunday - but the clashfinder has something else listed.

http://music.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=music.showDetails&friendid=45005019&Band_Show_ID=38539831

Any ideas?

That seems to be some new information, which would have been decided after the guide went to press, so they probably are playing that slot. They're probably not on at 3pm exactly, they'll be in the slot that starts just before 3.

James McMorrough14:13 18th Jun 2009 

Halvin...

Top job as usuall, I've made a donation & hope lots of other people do too (for the sake of Mrs.Halvin).

You must get a great feeling when you see others at the festival making good use of your work. And I've stuck your link on my Facebook page to spread the word.

Hopefully your ISP won't shut you down this year for having too much traffic!

All the best,

Mac

g dog14:21 18th Jun 2009 

halvin said:

The guide's not too bad except for Dance East (maybe West). There are normally a few discrepancies between the guide and actual running order. Hopefully the clashfinder's roughly right but only time will tell.

sweet. so you are saying you are right and the guide is wrong.
love it!

halvin14:38 18th Jun 2009 

g dog said:

sweet. so you are saying you are right and the guide is wrong.
love it!

I wouldn't go quite that far. I've been sent some times for the Dance Village that disagree with the guide. I know there was some last minute juggling with the DV line-up. I hope that the information I was sent is correct and that the guide's wrong, due to the long lead-time of the guide.

So I'm not saying that I'm right, I'm just saying that I had the choice between two sources and I picked the one that I thought was right. :smile:

For the record, last year the clashfinder was more accurate than the guide. Just. :grin:

hope18:28 18th Jun 2009 

thanks for the clash finder, we used it last year to highlight all the bands we wanted to see before we went...of course all that goes out of the window once we're there...but never mind, at least it helps us to get excited ! :grin:

Beci08:54 19th Jun 2009 

halvin said:

Anyone excited yet?

I m very excited, i was shown your clashfinder last night by a friend and its amazing! I never knew it existed, thankyou lots :smile:
I have donated you a pound for your flowers, i hope you can get a big bunch :smile:

Beci09:01 19th Jun 2009 

Ha firstly i was chuffed to pieces to be shown this clashfinder then i look at your other stuff just to see what its all about and you ve only gone and had s stag do in the village i work in (Woolacombe!) Good work and thankyou :smile:

Stevie_B12:49 19th Jun 2009 

I'd been wondering how I could buy you a drink - have donated to Mrs H's flowers instead - Cheers

Jake15:08 19th Jun 2009 

glasto official timings if u need to update any....
http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/line-up/

Jimima17:53 19th Jun 2009 

halvin...any chance that u know of the special guest on friday the park?? 18.45???

halvin18:55 19th Jun 2009 

Jimima said:

halvin...any chance that u know of the special guest on friday the park?? 18.45???

No, I don't know. The wild stab-in-the-dark on eFestivals is Wreckless Eric and Amy Rigby, although that doesn't seem to be based on any evidence.

Glennbo21:49 19th Jun 2009 
halvin22:02 19th Jun 2009 

Glennbo said:

clashfinder is way better but:

http://www.glastowatch.co.uk/2009/guardians-glasto-line-up-with-set-times-leaked/

Thanks but I've had the info for a while. In fact, I've got a complete guide sitting in front of me now. :grin:

LittleOldMe11:41 20th Jun 2009 

Hi Halivn,

Stunning work on the clashfinder (as always) - any chance of adding the Departure Lounge times?

http://i711.photobucket.com/albums/ww116/willchessclub/glastoflyer2.jpg

Thanks

halvin11:47 20th Jun 2009 

LittleOldMe said:

Hi Halivn,

Stunning work on the clashfinder (as always) - any chance of adding the Departure Lounge times?

http://i711.photobucket.com/albums/ww116/willchessclub/glastoflyer2.jpg

Thanks

Thanks for the link but I can't add it, sorry. There's absolutely definitely not any room left and if I took something off someone would moan about it. :smile:

Jimima12:07 20th Jun 2009 

thanks..............:grin: :grin: xx

Dave11:37 21st Jun 2009 

According to Little Boot's latest mailing list e-mail she's playing the Guardian Lounge (says tent but I assume it's the same) on the Saturday not the Friday.

mavit23:18 21st Jun 2009 

You can now create your own custom clashfinders at http://www.mavit.org.uk/clashfinder/. I'd hoped to get this up and running sooner, but I suppose this is just soon enough to be not-quite too late :smile:. They're not as pretty as the ones here, but I think they're okay for a fisrt attempt. I also include The Departure Lounge, which Halvin doesn't have room for. Thanks to Halvin for supplying his data.

Niel11:54 22nd Jun 2009 

Hal you are a fount of all knowledge. Good work fella. I trust you'll be bringing spare copies along for when I inevitably forget to print one out?

More importantly what is happening with the Thursday Glasto Pub Crawl? I believe we set you the challenge of getting 1000 people to turn up this year!

halvin12:23 22nd Jun 2009 

Niel said:

More importantly what is happening with the Thursday Glasto Pub Crawl? I believe we set you the challenge of getting 1000 people to turn up this year!

That'd be something I've forgotten about. The Thursday Pub Crawl is now Thursday sit outside the Red Flag all day drinking real ale and farting. Tom's on board.

Niel, your task this year is to remember to bring some fags, rum and mixer so you don't end up nicking mine. :smile:

prue13:01 22nd Jun 2009 

Halvin you are, yet agan, a star :smile:
I don't use paypal but would love to donate. Is there any other way?

halvin13:18 22nd Jun 2009 

prue said:

Halvin you are, yet agan, a star :smile:
I don't use paypal but would love to donate. Is there any other way?

There's a bit on the paypal page headed "Don't have a PayPal account?" which allows you to donate with a credit card but without setting up an account, I think.

Other than that, you could always come to the camp with a "Go Cows" flag near the Other Stage and say hello. :smile:

Niel16:09 22nd Jun 2009 

Hal, you need a little bit more organisation than just "erm, we'll be somewhere...."

This is your chance to bask in the glory of all these people who think you've done a good job with your clash finder!!!

Suggest you are outside the Red Flag with a daft outfit on! Let's see if we can still get 1000 people to turn up! That would be quite amusing :smile:

Okay, okay point taken. I shall make sure I am fully stocked with everything I need and keep nicking off you to a minimum - though I can't promise!!

Betherella17:20 22nd Jun 2009 

Thanks Halvin. Using your clashfinder for the 3rd year running now - it's my most valuable piece of Glastonbury kit! Decision making is a lot easier but usually ends up with me wandering between about 5 stages on one night at least, trying to see all the bands I want to see!

Shame there don't seem to be any hip-hop dance classes in the dance village this year, they were great fun!

celyn19:56 22nd Jun 2009 

could you add the poetry&words stage now it has been announced please:smile:

Paul23:02 22nd Jun 2009 

NERD confirmed as special guests

Wicket Ground Dave09:17 23rd Jun 2009 

cheers mate as always a brilliant tool for us idiots who always think we're missing out on something.

Couple of quid dropped in the tin.

Have a great festival.

Jimima21:46 23rd Jun 2009 

all set and ready to rock and rolll............. got my clashfinder laminated!!! woo woo!! xx love u all! :grin:

Big Dave15:03 1st Mar 2010 

Almost that time again... BRAP BRAP BRAP

halvin08:43 2nd Mar 2010 

Yeah, if by 'almost' you mean 'a good three months away'. :smile:

candice06:14 4th Mar 2010 

3 months is a whole lot better than 12 months! :grin:

excited!

codayop08:49 24th Mar 2010 

Bring it! Looking forward to this years finder. Oh, and the small matter of a festival to attend too!

glastoboy21:57 15th Apr 2010 

come on halvin - the line-up has been out for hours now - give us the clashfinder :smile:

glastoboy22:01 15th Apr 2010 

big apologies halvin - you really are on the case - as opposed to glastoboy using last years link...

Little Jen09:25 19th Apr 2010 

Hello,

Are you going to be doing the clash finder for 2010? It was invaluable last year!

Thanks

halvin10:06 19th Apr 2010 


Add a comment

Name:
User:
Comment:

Comment Guidelines.
  1. Don't be cruel to the people in the photos, no matter how stupid they're looking.
    Remember: there's room for everyone on the Nice List.
  2. Swear as much as you want.
  3. Anonymous posting is allowed, but don't be such a wuss - tell us who you are!
  4. Don't pretend to be someone you're not.
    Nicknames and pseudonyms are fine, of course.
  5. Common emotes - :) ;) :D - are converted. Click here for the full list (popup).
  6. No HTML tags but I've included a few BB code formatting tags;
    • [b]Bold Text[/b] will give Bold Text.
    • [i]Italic Text[/i] will give Italic Text.
    • [url=http://www.halvin.co.uk/]Clicky[/url] will give Clicky.
    • Any words starting with "http://" or "www." will be automatically linkified
      (http://www.halvin.co.uk --> http://www.halvin.co.uk/).
  7. Last but not least: Use the preview button. You can't edit once you've clicked submit!